Salkantay Special Description
This 7 Day 6 Night Salkantay trekking package to Machu Picchu is a Peru travel deal that includes everything from a hotel night in Lima, one in Cusco 5 days of trekking + porters, sleeping bags, tents, food on the trail, transfers to and from hotels + train and entrance tickets to Machu Picchu for and finally Domestic Flights Lima-Cusco-Lima for $1,259/person.
Salkantay Trek Photo Gallery
Trekking Special Outline
* Day 1: Welcome to Lima! Upon arriving to Lima airport you will be taken and checked into your Lima hotel.
* Day 2: Your flight to Cusco will land early in the morning, at an elevation of 11,150 feet or 3,400 meters. Try to take it easy on the first day, drink plenty of water and don’t eat too much.
* Day 3: START SALKANTAY TREK: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA (MARCOCCASA) – SORAYPAMPA Distance: 4.97 miles (8 km) Minimum Altitude: 12,300 feet (3,750 m) Maximum Altitude: 13,710 feet (4,180 m) Approximate Time: 4-5 hours Difficulty: Moderate
* Day 4: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – CHALLWAY Distance: 9.94 miles (16 km) Minimum Altitude: 9,676 feet (2,950 m) Maximum Altitude: 14,989 feet (4,570 m) Approximate Time: 7-9 hours Difficulty: Challenging
* Day 5: CHALLWAY – WIÑAYPOCO – LA PLAYA Minimum Altitude: 6,068 feet (1,850 m) Maximum Altitude: 9,676 feet (2,950 m) Approximate Time: 6-7 hours Dificulty: Moderate
* Day 6: LA PLAYA – LLACTAPATA – AGUAS CALIENTES Distance: 7.46 miles (12 km) Minimum Altitude: 6,068 feet (1,850 m) Maximum Altitude: 8,900 feet (2,700 m) Approximate Time: 4-6 hours Difficulty: Moderate to challenging
* Day 7: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO After a refreshing night in your Aguas Calientes hotel we will head to start your Machu Picchu Tour.
* Lima portion of Package can be moved toward the end of the trip if the client requires
* Prices are calculated on double occupancy 3 star accommodations
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
• Private transport from your hotel in Cusco to Mollepata (Marcoccasa community).
• Transport from La Playa to the hydroelectric station (just for the equipment and everyone’s bag).
• Tourist Train from the hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes.
• Tourist Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
• Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
• Hostel with Private Room and Bathroom in Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu, continental or similar).
• Entrance fee to the National Park of Salkantay and Machu Picchu.
• Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
• High quality camping equipment (Professional tent, Doite Cima 4, for 2 people) Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
• Meals during the excursion (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and tea time /optional vegetarians meals)
• Cook and assistant.
• Horseman and mules for up to 7kg of a customer’s personal equipment.
• Emergency horse.
• First aid kit and oxygen bottle
• Domestic Flights Lima – Cusco – Lima
• Breakfast at the first day and lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes.
• Hot springs in Santa Teresa (optional: 5 soles).
• Hot springs in Aguas Calientes (optional: 10 soles).
• Bus going downhill from Machu Picchu ruins to Aguas Calientes where the train station is situated; you can either pay the cost of US $10.00 for the bus service or walk back to Aguas Calientes which takes about an hour.
• Sleeping bag (if you don’t have one, there is a possibility of renting one).
What do you need to bring?:
• Backpack with rain shelter.
• Sleeping bag.
• Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
• Rain pants and lightweight pants.
• Trekking shoes.
• Slippers or sandals (for showers and Hot Springs).
• Wool or synthetic socks and a sweater.
• Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
• Rain poncho and a hat.
• Bathing suit (for the Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes).
• Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, Toiletries and toilet paper.
• Camera (wrapped in plastic bag).
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES